ISO 9001, the standard for Quality Management System (QMS), sets out to establish document and maintain an effective and economic quality system. The ISO 9001 enables client to demonstrate their commitment to quality and customer satisfaction as well as continuously improve their quality systems, integrate the realities of a changing world. ISO 9001:2015 is based on seven quality management principles.
- Customer focused organization
- Involvement of people
- Process approach
- Continual improvement
- Factual approach to decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationship
Emphasizing a customer-focused and result-oriented process approach management model and a continual improvement philosophy, the initiative has revolutionized the fundamental concept of the ISO 9000 standards.
- Increase efficiency – implement processes and procedures which are based on a quality focus.
- Increase revenue – win more contracts and tenders, whilst streamlining your processes and identifying opportunities for cost savings.
- Greater employee morale – by ensuring that all employees are working to one agenda which can reduce errors and increase productivity.
- International recognition – recognized in approximately 188 countries, ISO 9001 can help you to access international trade.
- Factual approach to decision making – ensure the business decisions you make are beneficial long term by basing them of facts.
- Better supplier relationships – business has credibility through the reputation of ISO 9001, providing suppliers with greater confidence in what you do.
- Improve record keeping – as with any management system, ISO 9001 ensures you document your processes from start to finish. Helping you to handle customer complaints and improve process efficiency.
- Improve customer satisfaction – ensure you have a feedback system in place which will help you to understand your customers’ needs, identify areas for improvement and reduce wasted resources.
- Continuous improvement – using non-conformity reporting and trend analysis, you can spot areas for improvement and stay ahead of the competition.